Current:Home > MarketsTrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Center-Sean "Diddy" Combs apologizes for alleged attack seen in 2016 surveillance video -Blueprint Money Mastery
TrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Center-Sean "Diddy" Combs apologizes for alleged attack seen in 2016 surveillance video
EchoSense View
Date:2025-04-06 11:42:27
Sean "Diddy" Combs apologized for the recently surfaced security video aired by CNN that appears to show him attacking singer Cassie in a Los Angeles hotel hallway in 2016. He said his behavior was "inexcusable" and TrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Centerhe takes "full responsibility" for his actions.
The hip-hop mogul took to social media on Sunday to apologize for the alleged attack and said in a video on Instagram he is "disgusted" by his actions.
"It's so difficult to reflect on the darkest times in your life, but sometimes you got to do that," Diddy said on Instagram. "I was f---ed up — I hit rock bottom — but I make no excuses. My behavior on that video is inexcusable."
The video, which CNN first aired on Friday, is the latest in a months-long series of public allegations and revelations of physical and sexual violence against Combs.
In the video, Combs, wearing only a white towel, is seen apparently punching and kicking the R&B singer who was his protege and longtime girlfriend at the time. The footage also shows Combs allegedly shoving and dragging Ventura, and throwing a vase in her direction.
The security camera video, dated March 5, 2016, closely resembles the description of an incident at an InterContinental Hotel in the Century City area of Los Angeles described in a November lawsuit filed by Ventura, whose legal name is Cassandra Ventura, that alleged years of sexual abuse and other violence from Combs.
The lawsuit alleges Combs paid the hotel $50,000 for the security video. CNN did not say how it obtained the video but noted it verified the location where it was shot by comparing the footage to publicly available images of the InterContinental Hotel.
Diddy has denied the allegations in the lawsuit but neither he nor his representatives had responded on the video until Sunday.
"I take full responsibility for my actions in that video," Combs said Sunday. "I was disgusted then when I did it. I'm disgusted now. I went and I sought out professional help. I got into going to therapy, going to rehab. I had to ask God for his mercy and grace. I'm so sorry. But I'm committed to be a better man each and every day. I'm not asking for forgiveness. I'm truly sorry."
On Friday, the Los Angeles District Attorney's office said in a statement that they were "aware of the video." They said the images are "extremely disturbing and difficult to watch," but that "we would be unable to charge as the conduct would have occurred beyond the timeline where a crime of assault can be prosecuted."
A lawyer for Ventura told CBS News in a statement that Combs' statement on Sunday was "more about himself than the many people he has hurt."
"When Cassie and multiple other women came forward, he denied everything and suggested that his victims were looking for a payday," Meredith Firetog, a partner at Wigdor LLP said in a statement. "That he was only compelled to 'apologize' once his repeated denials were proven false shows his pathetic desperation, and no one will be swayed by his disingenuous words."
For anonymous, confidential help, people can call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224. Or text START to 88788 or chat on TheHotline.org.
- In:
- Assault
- P Diddy
- Sean "Diddy" Combs
Lucia Suarez Sang is an associate managing editor at cbsnews.com. Previously, Lucia was the director of digital content at FOX61 News in Connecticut and has previously written for outlets including FoxNews.com, Fox News Latino and the Rutland Herald.
TwitterveryGood! (4261)
Related
- Are Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp down? Meta says most issues resolved after outages
- Alleged killer of nursing student Laken Riley indicted by grand jury in Georgia on 10 counts
- Jodie Turner-Smith Explains How Met Gala Dress Served as “Clean Start” After Joshua Jackson Split
- Pete McCloskey, GOP congressman who once challenged Nixon, dies at 96
- San Francisco names street for Associated Press photographer who captured the iconic Iwo Jima photo
- Christine Quinn’s Estranged Husband Christian Dumontet Charged With Child Abuse and Assault
- Georgia lawmakers vowed to restrain tax breaks. But the governor’s veto saved a data-center break
- 'Taylor Swift vs Scooter Braun: Bad Blood' docuseries coming to Max
- McConnell absent from Senate on Thursday as he recovers from fall in Capitol
- Cruise ship sails into New York City port with 44-foot dead whale across its bow
Ranking
- What to know about Tuesday’s US House primaries to replace Matt Gaetz and Mike Waltz
- College football way-too-early Top 25 after spring has SEC flavor with Georgia at No. 1
- Cruise ship sails into New York City port with 44-foot dead whale across its bow
- China and US resume cooperation on deportation as Chinese immigrants rush in from southern border
- Jorge Ramos reveals his final day with 'Noticiero Univision': 'It's been quite a ride'
- Jodie Turner-Smith Explains How Met Gala Dress Served as “Clean Start” After Joshua Jackson Split
- Judge indefinitely delays Trump classified documents trial
- Rules fights and insults slow down South Carolina House on next-to-last day
Recommendation
Megan Fox's ex Brian Austin Green tells Machine Gun Kelly to 'grow up'
Hy-Vee, Schnucks both recalling cheese products due to possible salmonella contamination
An 'Office' reboot is coming at last: See where mockumentary crew will visit next
Tornadoes tear through southeastern US as storms leave 3 dead
US appeals court rejects Nasdaq’s diversity rules for company boards
World Food Prize goes to 2 who helped protect vital seeds in an Arctic Circle vault
Despite numbers showing a healthy economy overall, lower-income spenders are showing the strain
Kim Kardashian Is Now At Odds With Unbearable Khloe in Kardashians Season 5 Trailer