Current:Home > reviewsTaylor Swift Cancels Austria Concerts After Confirmation of Planned Terrorist Attack -Blueprint Money Mastery
Taylor Swift Cancels Austria Concerts After Confirmation of Planned Terrorist Attack
Chainkeen Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 21:11:00
Taylor Swift’s upcoming concerts in Austria were the target of an alleged terror plot.
Authorities in Vienna confirmed to NBC News Aug. 7 that two men have been arrested in connection to planned attacks on major events in the city, including the “Karma” singer’s upcoming Eras Tour shows on Aug. 8, Aug. 9, and Aug. 10, which have been canceled.
"Due to confirmation by government officials of a planned terrorist attack at the Ernst Happel Stadium," event organizer Barracuda Music wrote on Instagram Aug. 7, "we have no choice but to cancel the three planned shows for everyone's safety."
Swift's website also announced that all tickets for the three shows "will be automatically refunded within the next 10 business days."
One of the suspects taken into custody is a 19-year-old man who had allegedly pledged allegiance to the Salafi-jihadist group ISIS, Vienna State Police Director Franz Ruf and the head of the State Police Gerhard Purstl said during a press conference Aug. 7. The authorities also noted, per NBC News, another arrest was made later that afternoon.
Authorities explained that the arrested suspects had “detailed” plans to carry out an attack, and the 19-year-old had been found with chemical substances which authorities are currently trying to determine whether could be used to make a bomb.
E! News has reached out to reps for Swift regarding the arrests and cancelation, but has not yet heard back.
The arrest comes less than a month after an individual was arrested prior Swift’s concert in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, due to threats against Swift and her boyfriend Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, both 34.
According to the Associated Press, a 34-year-old man had purchased a ticket for the Miss Americana star’s July 17 concert, but was arrested upon entry into the Veltins-Arena, following “tips from organizers of the event.”
And while Swift did not publicly address the previous arrest, she had spoken adamantly before about the precautions she has in place to keep her shows, fans and loved ones safe—calling any violence at her shows her “biggest fear” after the bombing at an Ariana Grande concert and shooting at the Route 91 Harvest music festival in 2017.
“I was completely terrified to go on tour this time because I didn’t know how we were going to keep 3 million fans safe over seven months,” she wrote in an essay for Elle in 2019. “There was a tremendous amount of planning, expense, and effort put into keeping my fans safe.”
(E! News and NBC News are both a part of NBCUniversal).
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (727)
Related
- Trump issues order to ban transgender troops from serving openly in the military
- Sofia Richie's Fiancé Elliot Grainge Gives Rare Glimpse Into Their Cozy Home Life
- In some fights over solar, it's environmentalist vs. environmentalist
- Mandy Moore Shows Off Her New Bangs After Itching for a Hair Change
- Bodycam footage shows high
- How climate change is killing the world's languages
- How Kourtney Kardashian's Kids Supported Travis Barker at Blink-182's Coachella Show
- 1 in 4 people in the world do not have access to clean drinking water, the U.N. says
- Trump invites nearly all federal workers to quit now, get paid through September
- Coach 80% Off Deals: Shop Under $100 Handbags, Shoes, Jewelry, Belts, Wallets, and More
Ranking
- Selena Gomez's "Weird Uncles" Steve Martin and Martin Short React to Her Engagement
- NOAA predicts a 'near-normal' hurricane season. But that's not good news
- Greenland's melting ice could be changing our oceans. Just ask the whales
- Julian Sands' cause of death deemed undetermined weeks after remains found in California mountains
- From family road trips to travel woes: Americans are navigating skyrocketing holiday costs
- Maria Menounos and Husband Keven Undergaro Reveal Sex of Baby
- We need native seeds in order to respond to climate change, but there aren't enough
- 1923 Star Brandon Sklenar Joins Blake Lively in It Ends With Us
Recommendation
Romantasy reigns on spicy BookTok: Recommendations from the internet’s favorite genre
Why California's floods may be 'only a taste' of what's to come in a warmer world
Inside Sofia Richie and Elliot Grainge's Star-Studded Wedding
How climate change is killing the world's languages
Realtor group picks top 10 housing hot spots for 2025: Did your city make the list?
Extreme heat will smother the South from Arizona to Florida
Daniel Radcliffe Welcomes First Baby With Girlfriend Erin Darke
Jordana Brewster Shares How Late Co-Star Paul Walker Remains an Integral Part of Fast & Furious