Current:Home > reviewsPolice have unserved warrant for Miles Bridges for violation of domestic violence protective order -Blueprint Money Mastery
Police have unserved warrant for Miles Bridges for violation of domestic violence protective order
Rekubit View
Date:2025-04-06 15:58:55
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Charlotte Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office says it has an unserved warrant for Hornets forward Miles Bridges for a violation of a domestic violence protective order, along with an unserved criminal summons for a domestic protective order violation, misdemeanor child abuse and injury to personal property.
The sheriff’s office told The Associated Press the warrant was issued in January, but has not yet been served. The criminal summons was issued on Wednesday.
According to WSOC-TV in Charlotte, the corresponding police report indicated the mother of Bridges’ two children had her windshield smashed in at her residence and that her protective order was violated by his appearance. The alleged incident happened at her residence, the station reported.
The AP was unable to obtain a copy of the police report Wednesday night.
The Hornets said in a statement Wednesday night they are aware of the reports and are in the process of gathering more information.
Messages left for Bridges' attorney were not immediately returned.
The 25-year-old Bridges is serving three years of probation after pleading no contest last November to one felony count of injuring a child’s parent, agreeing to do so in exchange for no jail time.
Bridges had been facing three felony charges — the one that he pleaded no contest to, and two others of child abuse under circumstances or conditions likely to cause great bodily injury or death. The charges stemmed from accusations that he assaulted his former girlfriend in front of their two children in June 2022, the Los Angeles County district attorney said.
Bridges, who was a restricted free agent at the time of the incident and likely to receive a contract in excess of $100 million, sat out the entire 2022-23 NBA season.
The NBA suspended Bridges for 30 games this season, but determined that 20 games would be dropped due to time already missed because he missed 82 games last year. Bridges will miss the first 10 games of the regular season.
He is not allowed to participate in preseason games.
In July, Bridges apologized for the “pain and embarrassment” caused by the domestic violence investigation. Bridges agreed to a one-year, $7.9 million contract with the Hornets to return this season and vowed to rebuild relationships with teammates and become more active in the Charlotte community.
veryGood! (277)
Related
- As Trump Enters Office, a Ripe Oil and Gas Target Appears: An Alabama National Forest
- Proud Boys group leader sentenced to over 5 years in prison for attacking police during Capitol riot
- Biden’s new Title IX rules protect LGBTQ+ students, but transgender sports rule still on hold
- Crews turn sights to removing debris from ship’s deck in Baltimore bridge collapse cleanup
- Intel's stock did something it hasn't done since 2022
- US sanctions fundraisers for extremist West Bank settlers who commit violence against Palestinians
- Americans lose millions of dollars each year to wire transfer fraud scams. Could banks do more to stop it?
- Get 90% Off J.Crew, $211 Off NuFACE Toning Devices, $150 Off Le Creuset Pans & More Weekend Deals
- Megan Fox's ex Brian Austin Green tells Machine Gun Kelly to 'grow up'
- FAA investigating after it says a flight told to cross a runway where another was starting takeoff
Ranking
- Could Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft reunite? Maybe in Pro Football Hall of Fame's 2026 class
- AP Was There: Shock, then terror as Columbine attack unfolds
- As electric car sales slump, Tesla shares relinquish a year's worth of gains
- Attorneys argue that Florida law discriminates against Chinese nationals trying to buy homes
- Federal court filings allege official committed perjury in lawsuit tied to Louisiana grain terminal
- Pennsylvania board’s cancellation of gay actor’s school visit ill-advised, education leaders say
- Taylor Swift pens some of her most hauntingly brilliant songs on 'Tortured Poets'
- She used Grammarly to proofread her paper. Now she's accused of 'unintentionally cheating.'
Recommendation
Rolling Loud 2024: Lineup, how to stream the world's largest hip hop music festival
Attorneys argue that Florida law discriminates against Chinese nationals trying to buy homes
A convicted rapist is charged with murder in the killing of a Connecticut visiting nurse
Scotland halts prescription of puberty blocking hormones for minors as gender identity service faces scrutiny
Intellectuals vs. The Internet
Taylor Swift’s ‘The Tortured Poets Department’ is here. Is it poetry? This is what experts say
Read Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks' prologue, epilogue to 'The Tortured Poets Department'
Look what you made her do: Taylor Swift is an American icon, regardless of what you think