Current:Home > ScamsEzra Miller Breaks Silence After "Egregious" Protective Order Is Lifted -Blueprint Money Mastery
Ezra Miller Breaks Silence After "Egregious" Protective Order Is Lifted
EchoSense Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 14:30:03
Ezra Miller is speaking out following the recent expiration of a temporary harassment order that was issued against them over allegations of inappropriate behavior toward a minor, which the Flash movie star's lawyer has denied.
The order was lifted June 30, a year after it was issued by a judge, as seen in court documents posted by Deadline. In her 2022 filing, a Massachusetts woman accused Miller of acting inappropriately toward her child, now 12, and also harassing the family, the Daily Beast had reported.
"I'm encouraged by today's outcome and very grateful at this moment to everyone who has stood beside me and sought to ensure that this egregious misuse of the protection order was halted," Miller said in a statement posted to Instagram June 30, adding that they "have been unjustly and directly targeted."
The Fantastic Beasts star, who sought mental health treatment last year amid a series of legal issues, also wrote, "On a personal note, I want everyone to know that I am continuing to do my best to preserve my own wellness and what I can to reverse the collateral damage this ordeal has brought upon me and those close to me."
Miller continued, "Finally, to all you many beings in this world who have had the enormous courage to see me through it all and make it here with me—I will spend a long time trying to explain to you what it has meant to have your support. You have my undying gratitude, admiration and love."
No criminal charges were ever filed in the case and Miller's attorney, Marissa Elkins, told Deadline in a statement that the original order "was based on untrue allegations" and that her client was "never alone with the child and never interacted with the child outside of two brief encounters which occurred in the presence of several other adults."
The lawyer added that Miller had three encounters with the mother, which were "entirely initiated by her, exceedingly brief, and absolutely did not involve any inappropriate interaction with her child." The accuser has not commented on the lifting of the order.
Elkins also told Deadline that the woman "lodged her false allegations at a time when Ezra was struggling with significant mental health issues, and was unable to come to court to defend themself against the spurious claims made by this individual."
Last August, two months after the protective order was filed, Miller wrote on Instagram, "Having recently gone through a time of intense crisis, I now understand that I am suffering complex mental health issues and have begun ongoing treatment. I want to apologize to everyone that I have alarmed and upset with my past behavior. I am committed to doing the necessary work to get back to a healthy, safe and productive stage in my life."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (8)
Related
- Whoopi Goldberg is delightfully vile as Miss Hannigan in ‘Annie’ stage return
- Who gets to claim self-defense in shootings? Airman’s death sparks debate over race and gun rights
- Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker's speech was ugly. He's only part of a bigger problem.
- Now armed with AI, America’s adversaries will try to influence election, security officials warn
- Arkansas State Police probe death of woman found after officer
- Planet Fitness offers free summer workout pass for teens, high school students
- Rory McIlroy not talking about divorce on eve of PGA Championship
- Miss USA and Miss Teen USA's moms say they were 'abused, bullied, and cornered'
- Civic engagement nonprofits say democracy needs support in between big elections. Do funders agree?
- Planet Fitness offers free summer workout pass for teens, high school students
Ranking
- The FBI should have done more to collect intelligence before the Capitol riot, watchdog finds
- Zayn Malik says he was kicked off Tinder: Everyone accused me of catfishing
- Chris Hemsworth Shares How Filming With Elsa Pataky Doubles as Date Night
- Have you seen the video of a man in a hammock on a bus? It was staged.
- The city of Chicago is ordered to pay nearly $80M for a police chase that killed a 10
- Future of Texas’ migrant-blocking buoys may hinge on whether the Rio Grande is ‘navigable’
- How fatherhood inspired John Krasinski's latest movie, IF
- North Carolina bill forcing sheriffs to aid immigration agents still under review in House
Recommendation
Opinion: Gianni Infantino, FIFA sell souls and 2034 World Cup for Saudi Arabia's billions
An Arizona judge helped revive an 1864 abortion law. His lawmaker wife joined Democrats to repeal it
Like a Caitlin Clark 3-pointer, betting on women’s sports is soaring
Bring Home the Vacay Vibes With Target’s New Summer Decor Drop, Including Essentials Starting at $3
Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie return for an 'Encore,' reminisce about 'The Simple Life'
North Carolina revenue decline means alternate sources for voucher spending considered
North Carolina bill forcing sheriffs to aid immigration agents still under review in House
Port of New Orleans’ chief resigning amid praise for moves to advance new cargo terminal project