Current:Home > InvestNew York-Dublin video link is back up after shutdown for bad behavior -Blueprint Money Mastery
New York-Dublin video link is back up after shutdown for bad behavior
Oliver James Montgomery View
Date:2025-04-06 13:52:23
NEW YORK (AP) — A video link between New York City and Dublin that was shut down due to inappropriate behavior on both sides of the Atlantic has reopened with new security measures.
The open-air video link between the two cities, which opened May 8 and was taken offline last week, reopened Sunday and will operate between the hours of 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. in New York, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. in Dublin.
The Dublin City Council and Manhattan business group Flatiron NoMad Partnership organized the livestreaming public art installation called the “Portal.” They said they have installed more fencing on the New York side and taken steps to prevent people from stepping on the sculpture and holding their phones up to the camera lens.
“Now, if individuals step on the Portal and obstruct the camera, it will trigger a blurring of the livestream for everyone on both sides of the Atlantic,” the organizers said in a statement.
The organizers had billed the exhibit as a way to “embrace the beauty of global interconnectedness.” It was paused after videos popped up on social media of bad behavior including an OnlyFans model in New York baring her breasts and Dubliners holding up swastikas.
Organizers said their tweaks “will ensure that thousands of Portal fans will enjoy the experience on both sides of the Atlantic.”
The exhibit is scheduled to be up through the fall.
veryGood! (91)
Related
- IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
- Michigan holds off Georgia for No. 1 in college football NCAA Re-Rank 1-133
- A 5-year-old child is raped. Mormon church stays silent. Then comes the truly shocking part.
- Native American tribes fight US over a proposed $10B renewable energy transmission line
- Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
- Jacksonville Jaguars WR Zay Jones arrested on domestic battery charge
- Fire that indefinitely closed vital Los Angeles freeway was likely arson, governor says
- Jury deliberates fate of suspected serial killer accused in six deaths in Delaware and Philadelphia
- In ‘Nickel Boys,’ striving for a new way to see
- Alaska House Republicans confirm Baker to fill vacancy left when independent Rep Patkotak resigned
Ranking
- Megan Fox's ex Brian Austin Green tells Machine Gun Kelly to 'grow up'
- Mexican LGBTQ+ figure found dead at home after receiving death threats
- Bobby Berk announces he's leaving 'Queer Eye' after Season 8 'with a heavy heart'
- Reports of Russian pullback in Ukraine: a skirmish in the information war
- 'Kraven the Hunter' spoilers! Let's dig into that twisty ending, supervillain reveal
- How can networking help you get a job? Ask HR
- At summit, Biden aims to show he can focus on Pacific amid crises in Ukraine, Mideast and Washington
- How to double space on Google Docs: Whatever the device, an easy step-by-step guide
Recommendation
Whoopi Goldberg is delightfully vile as Miss Hannigan in ‘Annie’ stage return
Legal action is sought against Arizona breeding company after 260 small animals were fed to reptiles
Claire Keegan's 'stories of women and men' explore what goes wrong between them
South Dakota hotel owner sued for race discrimination to apologize and step down
Will the 'Yellowstone' finale be the last episode? What we know about Season 6, spinoffs
A Kansas officer who shot and killed a man armed with a BB gun won’t face charges
Bobby Berk Leaving Queer Eye After Season 8
Native American tribes fight US over a proposed $10B renewable energy transmission line