Current:Home > ContactFrankie Valli addresses viral Four Seasons performance videos, concerns about health -Blueprint Money Mastery
Frankie Valli addresses viral Four Seasons performance videos, concerns about health
Indexbit Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 13:12:06
Frankie Valli is getting a kick out of speculation about his health.
The Four Seasons frontman spoke with People to address fan concerns about his health, after social media clips of him performing went viral. The videos show Valli, 90, performing with the group, though maybe not as nimbly as in years prior. The clips have elicited comments like, "Whoever keeps sending Frankie Valli out on stage at this point is committing elder abuse."
But the New Jersey native brushed off the concerns.
"I know there has been a lot of stuff on the internet about me lately so I wanted to clear the air," Valli told the outlet in a statement shared Monday. "I am blessed to be 90 years old and still be doing what I love to do and as long as I am able, and audiences want to come see me, I am going to be out there performing as I always."
He continued: "I get a chuckle from the comments wondering if someone forcing me to go on stage. Nobody has ever made me do anything I didn't want to do."
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Valli also addressed speculation that he is lip-syncing during performances, adding that he's still able to sound like the original records because of "60 years of experience," vocal layering and "great arrangements."
"I absolutely love what I do," he said. "And I know we put on a great show because our fans are still coming out in force and the show still rocks."
Frankie Valligranted 3-year restraining order from oldest son Francesco
The Four Seasons is one of the best-selling groups of all time, the subject of the hit Broadway musical "Jersey Boys" and known for the hit 1960s singles "Sherry," "Big Girls Don't Cry" and "Walk Like a Man." The group is currently on tour through 2025.
Valli's statement comes months after he was granted a 3-year restraining order from his oldest son, Francesco Valli.
In April, another one of his sons, Emilio Valli, petitioned for a domestic violence restraining order, including his father as an additional protected person, following an alleged incident at The Four Seasons singer's home earlier that month.
A judgment ruled Francesco Valli is required to stay at least 100 yards away from the singer and his property and was granted a no-contact order through 2027.
Contributing: Naledi Ushe
veryGood! (35)
Related
- Federal hiring is about to get the Trump treatment
- Reviewers Say This Nu Skin Face Lift Activator Reversed Their Wrinkles
- Deadly fire in Guyana girls' dorm set by student upset over phone being confiscated, officials believe
- Myanmar junta accused of blocking aid to Cyclone Mocha-battered Rohingyas as death toll climbs
- North Carolina trustees approve Bill Belichick’s deal ahead of introductory news conference
- AI-generated text is hard to spot. It could play a big role in the 2024 campaign
- Zelda fans are taking the day off to explore 'Tears of the Kingdom'
- Why Jason Ritter Finds Wife Melanie Lynskey's Yellowjackets Success So Satisfying
- Average rate on 30
- Reese Witherspoon and Husband Jim Toth Break Up After 11 Years of Marriage
Ranking
- North Carolina justices rule for restaurants in COVID
- These John Wick Franchise Secrets Are Quite Continental
- Lonely pet parrots find friendship through video chats, a new study finds
- 'Dark Brandon' meme makes an appearance on Biden's new campaign website
- House passes bill to add 66 new federal judgeships, but prospects murky after Biden veto threat
- Real Housewives of Salt Lake City Star Jen Shah's Prison Sentence Reduced By One Year
- 'Dark Brandon' meme makes an appearance on Biden's new campaign website
- Prince Harry Returns to London for Court Case Against Tabloid Publisher
Recommendation
Google unveils a quantum chip. Could it help unlock the universe's deepest secrets?
After days of destruction, Macron blames a familiar bogeyman: video games
Heartbroken Shawn Johnson East Shares Her Kids Were on Lockdown Due to Nashville School Shooting
You'll Be Crazy in Love With Beyoncé's New Collab With Balmain
Small twin
The surprising case for AI boyfriends
The Bachelor's Caelynn Miller-Keyes Shares Travel Must-Haves and Packing Hacks
Rafael Nadal: My intention is that next year will be my last year in tennis