Current:Home > InvestFrankie Valli addresses viral Four Seasons performance videos, concerns about health -Blueprint Money Mastery
Frankie Valli addresses viral Four Seasons performance videos, concerns about health
PredictIQ Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 14:19:10
Frankie Valli is getting a kick out of speculation about his health.
The Four Seasons frontman spoke with People to address fan concerns about his health, after social media clips of him performing went viral. The videos show Valli, 90, performing with the group, though maybe not as nimbly as in years prior. The clips have elicited comments like, "Whoever keeps sending Frankie Valli out on stage at this point is committing elder abuse."
But the New Jersey native brushed off the concerns.
"I know there has been a lot of stuff on the internet about me lately so I wanted to clear the air," Valli told the outlet in a statement shared Monday. "I am blessed to be 90 years old and still be doing what I love to do and as long as I am able, and audiences want to come see me, I am going to be out there performing as I always."
He continued: "I get a chuckle from the comments wondering if someone forcing me to go on stage. Nobody has ever made me do anything I didn't want to do."
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Valli also addressed speculation that he is lip-syncing during performances, adding that he's still able to sound like the original records because of "60 years of experience," vocal layering and "great arrangements."
"I absolutely love what I do," he said. "And I know we put on a great show because our fans are still coming out in force and the show still rocks."
Frankie Valligranted 3-year restraining order from oldest son Francesco
The Four Seasons is one of the best-selling groups of all time, the subject of the hit Broadway musical "Jersey Boys" and known for the hit 1960s singles "Sherry," "Big Girls Don't Cry" and "Walk Like a Man." The group is currently on tour through 2025.
Valli's statement comes months after he was granted a 3-year restraining order from his oldest son, Francesco Valli.
In April, another one of his sons, Emilio Valli, petitioned for a domestic violence restraining order, including his father as an additional protected person, following an alleged incident at The Four Seasons singer's home earlier that month.
A judgment ruled Francesco Valli is required to stay at least 100 yards away from the singer and his property and was granted a no-contact order through 2027.
Contributing: Naledi Ushe
veryGood! (42)
Related
- A South Texas lawmaker’s 15
- Meet Jason Arday, Cambridge University's youngest ever Black professor, who didn't speak until he was 11.
- Zendaya's 2023 SAG Awards Look Has Us Feeling Rosy
- Where to watch Broadway's Tony Awards on Sunday night
- South Korea's acting president moves to reassure allies, calm markets after Yoon impeachment
- Vanity Fair's Radhika Jones talks Rupert Murdoch and Little House on the Prairie
- 'To Name the Bigger Lie' is an investigation of the nature of truth
- 12 Gifts That Every Outer Banks Fan Will Fall In Love With
- This was the average Social Security benefit in 2004, and here's what it is now
- The Goldbergs Is Ending After a Decade of '80s Nostalgia
Ranking
- 'We're reborn!' Gazans express joy at returning home to north
- We recap the Succession finale
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Shares Her Tips for a Clean Lifestyle
- Pride vs. Prejudice
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Triathlon
- 3 new books in translation blend liberation with darkness
- 'The Little Mermaid' reimagines cartoon Ariel and pals as part of your (real) world
- Katy Perry Gives Luke Bryan and Lionel Richie a Mullet Makeover on American Idol
Recommendation
Moving abroad can be expensive: These 5 countries will 'pay' you to move there
How Hailie Jade’s Fiancé Evan Asked Eminem for His Blessing to Get Engaged
SAG Awards 2023 Red Carpet Fashion: See Every Look as the Stars Arrive
American Girl Proclaims New '90s Dolls Are Historic—And We're Feeling Old
Man can't find second winning lottery ticket, sues over $394 million jackpot, lawsuit says
Peruvian man found with centuries-old mummy in his cooler bag. He called the corpse Juanita, my spiritual girlfriend.
Bella Hadid Gets Real About Her Morning Anxiety
After years of ever-shrinking orchestras, some Broadway musicals are going big