Current:Home > ScamsPhotographer alleges he was forced to watch Megan Thee Stallion have sex and was unfairly fired -Blueprint Money Mastery
Photographer alleges he was forced to watch Megan Thee Stallion have sex and was unfairly fired
SafeX Pro Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 16:46:22
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A photographer who worked for Megan Thee Stallion said in a lawsuit filed Tuesday that he was forced to watch her have sex, was unfairly fired soon after and was abused as her employee.
In the suit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Emilio Garcia said that after a night out in 2022 in Ibiza, Spain, he was in an SUV with the hip-hop star when she began having sex with another woman right next to him. He was unable to get out of the moving car, and would have been in the middle of nowhere in a foreign country even if he was able. Garcia was “embarrassed, mortified and offended throughout the whole ordeal,” according to the lawsuit.
Alex Spiro, Megan’s lawyer, said she would fight the lawsuit in court.
“This is an employment claim for money — with no sexual harassment claim filed and with salacious accusations to attempt to embarrass her,” Spiro said.
The next day Megan told Garcia never to discuss what he saw and berated and fat-shamed him, the lawsuit said. The complaint also said Garcia, who had already considered quitting because he was overworked and underpaid in a hostile work environment aggravated by Megan’s possessiveness and abusiveness, was misclassified as an independent contractor but treated as an exclusive employee.
Garcia raised those issues in the conversation with Megan, and was fired the following day after four years of working for her, the suit said. He has since filed a job discrimination complaint with the California Civil Rights Department.
The lawsuit, first reported by NBC News, names as defendants Megan, whose legal name is Megan Pete; her companies Megan Thee Stallion Entertainment and Hot Girl Touring; and her label, Roc Nation. A defense response has yet to be filed. There was no immediate response to an email seeking comment from a representative of Roc Nation.
Garcia is seeking financial damages to be determined at trial, alleging he has suffered severely both emotionally and physically because of his treatment on the job, the firing and having to witness the scene in the SUV.
Megan, 29, was previously involved in major legal drama — and underwent a torrent of online abuse — as the victim of a shooting by rapper Tory Lanez, who a jury found fired at her feet on a street in the Hollywood Hills in 2020. She testified at the trial where jurors convicted Lanez of three felonies and a judge sentenced him to 10 years in prison.
Already a major rising artist at the time of the shooting, Megan has since become one of hip-hop’s biggest stars. She won a Grammy for best new artist in 2021, and she had No. 1 singles with “Savage,” featuring Beyoncé, and as a guest on Cardi B’s “WAP.”
veryGood! (425)
Related
- Intellectuals vs. The Internet
- Dakota Pipeline Was Approved by Army Corps Over Objections of Three Federal Agencies
- Tips to keep you and your family safe from the tripledemic during the holidays
- Greater exercise activity is tied to less severe COVID-19 outcomes, a study shows
- 'We're reborn!' Gazans express joy at returning home to north
- Tips to keep you and your family safe from the tripledemic during the holidays
- J. Harrison Ghee, Alex Newell become first openly nonbinary Tony winners for acting
- Psychedelic drugs may launch a new era in psychiatric treatment, brain scientists say
- IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
- Thousands of dead fish wash up along Texas Gulf Coast
Ranking
- Former Danish minister for Greenland discusses Trump's push to acquire island
- Shipping Group Leaps Into Europe’s Top 10 Polluters List
- Today’s Climate: September 13, 2010
- Brothers Forever: The Making of Paul Walker and Vin Diesel's Fast Friendship
- 'Vanderpump Rules' star DJ James Kennedy arrested on domestic violence charges
- Officials kill moose after it wanders onto Connecticut airport grounds
- New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu says he doesn't see Trump indictment as political
- Target Has the Best Denim Short Deals for the Summer Starting at $12
Recommendation
Bill Belichick's salary at North Carolina: School releases football coach's contract details
This is what displaced Somalians want you to know about their humanitarian crisis
FDA changes Plan B label to clarify 'morning-after' pill doesn't cause abortion
Below Deck’s Kate Chastain Response to Ben Robinson’s Engagement Will Put Some Wind in Your Sails
Man can't find second winning lottery ticket, sues over $394 million jackpot, lawsuit says
Climate Change Treated as Afterthought in Second Presidential Debate
National Teachers Group Confronts Climate Denial: Keep the Politics Out of Science Class
It's not too late to get a COVID booster — especially for older adults