Current:Home > ContactPrincess Beatrice, husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi expecting second child -Blueprint Money Mastery
Princess Beatrice, husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi expecting second child
Charles Langston View
Date:2025-04-06 13:16:28
A new royal baby is on the way! Princess Beatrice, eldest daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah, Duchess of York, is expecting her second child with husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi. Buckingham Palace shared the news Tuesday on social media. "Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are very pleased to announce that they are expecting their second child together early in the new year; a sibling for Wolfie and Sienna," the palace said, adding that King Charles III, Beatrice's uncle, "has been informed and both families are delighted with the news." Beatrice and Mozzi, CEO of architecture/design studio Banda Property, have been married since 2020, when they wed in a small ceremony in Windsor amid the COVID-19 pandemic. They welcomed their first child together, Sienna, in 2021. Mozzi is also father to Wolfie, a son from his previous relationship with architect and designer Dara Huang. Princess Beatrice,husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi expecting first child together Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle. "We are all doing well and Wolfie is the best big brother to Sienna," the couple said in 2021 as they revealed their daughter's name. In July, Mozzi commemorated the fourth anniversary of the couple's wedding, writing on Instagram, "Happy 4th wedding anniversary my love. 💍. Every day is so special with you. I love you so much." Beatrice is ninth in the British line of succession, one position behind her father, Prince Andrew. In May, Beatrice provided an update on her mother, who in 2023 revealed she had been diagnosed with an "early form of breast cancer" and subsequently said she was being treated for skin cancer. Princess Beatricesays Sarah Ferguson is 'all clear' after battling two types of cancer "She's doing really well," Beatrice said on ITV's "This Morning." "She's had a bumpy health scare last year but, no, all clear now. At 64 she's thriving." "She's been through so much, but I think really now she's coming into her own. We're just reminded when any parent or individual has a health scenario, just really get the checks that you need to get, and as early as you possibly can. Both my sister and I are so proud of her for taking those steps to get those checks." Contributing: Hannah Yasharoff, Cydney Henderson and Erin Jensen
veryGood! (7256)
Related
- Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
- Things to know about the Klamath River dam removal project, the largest in US history
- Have a complaint about CVS? So do pharmacists: Many just walked out
- Scotland to get U.K.'s first ever illegal drug consumption room in bid to tackle addiction
- Which apps offer encrypted messaging? How to switch and what to know after feds’ warning
- Polish democracy champion Lech Walesa turns 80 and comments on his country’s upcoming election
- Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California dies at age 90, sources tell the AP
- Travis Kelce Reacts After Mark Cuban Tells Taylor Swift to Break Up With the NFL Star
- Travis Hunter, the 2
- US quietly acknowledges Iran satellite successfully reached orbit as tensions remain high
Ranking
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- From locker-room outcast to leader: How Odell Beckham Jr. became key voice for Ravens
- Texas couple arrested for jaguar cub deal in first case charged under Big Cat Public Safety Act
- Lizzo's lawyers ask judge to dismiss former dancers' lawsuit, deny harassment allegations
- Are Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp down? Meta says most issues resolved after outages
- First Floods, Now Fires: How Neglect and Fraud Hobbled an Alabama Town
- Lebanese Armenians scuffle with riot police during protest outside Azerbaijan Embassy
- The far right has been feuding with McCarthy for weeks. Here’s how it’s spiraling into a shutdown.
Recommendation
California DMV apologizes for license plate that some say mocks Oct. 7 attack on Israel
Iranian forces aimed laser at American military helicopter multiple times, U.S. says
San Francisco mayor proposes enforced drug tests, treatment for those receiving government aid
Kosovo accuses Serbia of direct involvement in deadly clashes and investigates possible Russian role
Will the 'Yellowstone' finale be the last episode? What we know about Season 6, spinoffs
Trump says Mar-a-Lago is worth $1.8 billion. Not long ago, his own company thought that was over $1.7 billion too high.
Navy issues written reprimands for fuel spill that sickened 6,000 people at Pearl Harbor base
1 wounded in shooting at protest over New Mexico statue of Spanish conquistador