Current:Home > Invest50 Cent's Netflix doc on Diddy allegations will give 'voice to the voiceless,' he says -Blueprint Money Mastery
50 Cent's Netflix doc on Diddy allegations will give 'voice to the voiceless,' he says
SafeX Pro Exchange View
Date:2025-04-05 22:47:15
Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson is sharing more details about his upcoming Netflix docuseries on Sean "Diddy" Combs.
The rapper and businessman is set to produce a documentary on Diddy, which he first announced before his rival was arrested and indicted on racketeering, sex trafficking and transportation to engage in prostitution charges.
In a joint statement with director and co-producer Alexandria Stapleton, 50 Cent said the docuseries would have "significant human impact."
"It is a complex narrative spanning decades, not just the headlines or clips seen so far," they said in the statement provided to USA TODAY Thursday. "We remain steadfast in our commitment to give a voice to the voiceless and to present authentic and nuanced perspectives."
USA TODAY has reached out to Diddy's rep and Netflix for comment.
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
The pair called the allegations against Diddy "disturbing" but emphasized the rapper's actions do not reflect hip-hop as a whole.
"Sean Combs's story is not the full story of hip hop and its culture," they said. "We aim to ensure that individual actions do not overshadow the culture's broader contributions."
A release date has yet to be announced.
In July, 50 Cent opened up about skipping the label head's infamous parties.
Sean 'Diddy' Combs denied bailagain and will remain in jail until trial
"Puff is a businessperson; when (people call him) a producer, I see people that were taken advantage of, who produced things that he took from them," 50 Cent told The Hollywood Reporter. "He got the credit. He's not a producer. He's been able to take advantage of the business and the creatives in it."
He continued: "I don't have any interest in doing that. I actually fall under the creative. So I just didn't take to hanging out with that."
The "Power" creator has long been a critic of Diddy in their decades-long feud, and his attacks have ramped up amid the Revolt founder's legal troubles.
Diddy arrestpunctuates long history of legal troubles: Unraveling old lawsuits, allegations
Diddy's son Christian 'King' Combsreleases 50 Cent diss track, references federal raids
After the producer was indicted in sex trafficking and racketeering charges, 50 Cent poked fun at the headline-grabbing detail that the Bad Boy Records founder allegedly had 1,000 bottles of baby oil and lubrication seized from his home by federal agents.
"Here I am keeping good company with @thedrewbarrymoreshow and I don’t have 1,000 bottles of lube at the house," he captioned a photo on set of "The Drew Barrymore Show."
50 Cent's ex Daphne Joy accused him of sexual assault, rapper sued
In May, 50 Cent sued his ex-girlfriend Daphne Joy Narvaez for defamation after she accused him of rape and physical abuse.
Narvaez made the allegations following the rapper's comments on her being named in a civil lawsuit by producer Rodney "Lil Rod" Jones Jr. against Diddy.
In a March Instagram post, which has since been deleted, Narvaez blasted her ex-boyfriend for his alleged sexual abuse of her, as well as his lack of involvement in their son Sire's life. She also criticized the "Candy Shop" emcee for "wreaking real havoc, frenzy, and chaos onto people's lives" after he seemingly made light of Jones' allegation about Joy being among the women "who were paid a monthly fee to work" as Diddy's "sex workers" in an Instagram post that has also been deleted.
50 Cent hit back, claiming Narvaez "retaliated" against him for seeking sole custody of their child by "immediately taking to the Internet and publishing multiple defamatory statements on her public Instagram account." The rapper dropped his suit earlier this month, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Contributing: Edward Segarra
veryGood! (79)
Related
- A South Texas lawmaker’s 15
- 'I know how to do math': New Red Lobster CEO says endless shrimp deal is not coming back
- Roy Haynes, Grammy-winning jazz drummer, dies at 99: Reports
- Controversial comedian Shane Gillis announces his 'biggest tour yet'
- Sam Taylor
- Queen Elizabeth II's Final 5-Word Diary Entry Revealed
- Over 1.4 million Honda, Acura vehicles subject of US probe over potential engine failure
- GM recalling big pickups and SUVs because the rear wheels can lock up, increasing risk of a crash
- Most popular books of the week: See what topped USA TODAY's bestselling books list
- John Krasinski named People's Sexiest Man Alive for 2024
Ranking
- John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
- 2 dead in explosion at Kentucky factory that also damaged surrounding neighborhood
- Hurricane-damaged Tropicana Field can be fixed for about $55M in time for 2026 season, per report
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones responds to CeeDee Lamb's excuse about curtains at AT&T Stadium
- A White House order claims to end 'censorship.' What does that mean?
- Charles Hanover: A Summary of the UK Stock Market in 2023
- As the transition unfolds, Trump eyes one of his favorite targets: US intelligence
- Tony Hinchcliffe refuses to apologize after calling Puerto Rico 'garbage' at Trump rally
Recommendation
Current, future North Carolina governor’s challenge of power
Moana 2 Star Dwayne Johnson Shares the Empowering Message Film Sends to Young Girls
Sister Wives’ Meri Brown Shares Hysterical Farmers Only Dating Profile Video After Kody Split
Powerball winning numbers for November 11 drawing: Jackpot hits $103 million
Biden administration makes final diplomatic push for stability across a turbulent Mideast
Mike Tyson has lived a wild life. These 10 big moments have defined his career
Watch as dust storm that caused 20-car pileup whips through central California
Ben Foster Files for Divorce From Laura Prepon After 6 Years of Marriage