Current:Home > ContactMark Zuckerberg Accepts Elon Musk’s Challenge to a Cage Fight -Blueprint Money Mastery
Mark Zuckerberg Accepts Elon Musk’s Challenge to a Cage Fight
SafeX Pro Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 17:15:37
It looks like this beef might actually make if off the internet and into the ring.
Mark Zuckerberg has seemingly accepted a challenge from Elon Musk to face off in a cage match. This unlikely matchup is the result of rising tensions between the two CEOs as news broke that Meta has begun to create a product that could compete with Twitter, which Musk finalized his purchase of in October 2022.
This showdown originated when a Twitter user seemed to poke fun at Zuckerberg's jiu jitsu videos on Instagram, warning Musk that he "better be careful," to which the 51-year-old replied, "I'm up for a cage match if he is lol."
And what might have started as a joke became much more serious when Zuckerberg posted a screenshot of Musk's challenge to his June 21 Instagram Story with the caption, "Send Me Location." The 39-year-old's story also included a reply to Musk's proposal that read, "Lol I love you Elon but you better start training."
And despite this matchup being on nobody's 2023 bingo card, it looks like it might really be happening. When news broke of Zuckerberg's acceptance, the SpaceX founder tweeted a proposed location for the physical confrontation. Musk simply said, "Vegas Octagon."
Meta previously confirmed to CNBC that it was "exploring a standalone decentralized social network for sharing text updates," which is reportedly now in consideration to be named Threads.
The app will be integrated into Instagram, allowing Meta to build off its preexisting user base. Per CNBC, a top Meta executive said that high-profile users, including celebrities and content creators, were looking for a "sanely run" platform. This comment comes after months of controversies that have plagued Twitter since Musk took over. This includes implementing a completely free speech policy, which caused many advertisers to leave the platform over concerns that it would allow users to post racist, sexist, or otherwise hateful speech without consequence.
The details of Meta's proposed Thread platform comes only weeks after Musk officially stepped down as Twitter's CEO.
The Tesla CEO, who officially took over the social media platform back in October in a $44 billion deal, announced that ad exec Linda Yaccarino will now be at the helm of the company in May 2023.
"@LindaYacc will focus primarily on business operations, while I focus on product design & new technology," he tweeted May 12. "Looking forward to working with Linda to transform this platform into X, the everything app."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (7)
Related
- Scoot flight from Singapore to Wuhan turns back after 'technical issue' detected
- Olivia Culpo responds to wedding dress drama for first time: 'I wanted to feel like myself'
- Olympics 2024: Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Kids Luna and Miles Steal the Show at Opening Ceremony
- Gizmo the dog went missing in Las Vegas in 2015. He’s been found alive after 9 years
- 2025 'Doomsday Clock': This is how close we are to self
- Will Smith resurges rap career with new single 'Work of Art'
- North Carolina regulators says nonprofit run by lieutenant governor’s wife owes the state $132K
- What Team USA medal milestones to watch for at Paris Olympics
- What to know about Tuesday’s US House primaries to replace Matt Gaetz and Mike Waltz
- MLB trade deadline: Orioles land pitcher Zach Eflin in deal with AL East rival
Ranking
- 'Malcolm in the Middle’ to return with new episodes featuring Frankie Muniz
- Can Randy Arozarena save the free-falling Seattle Mariners?
- Lady Gaga stuns in Olympics opening ceremony performance with French feathers and Dior
- 2024 Paris Olympics: See the Athletes’ Most Emotional Moments
- Taylor Swift makes surprise visit to Kansas City children’s hospital
- Iron coated teeth, venom and bacteria: A Komodo dragon's tool box for ripping apart prey
- Former lawmaker sentenced to year in prison for role in kickback scheme
- Jensen Ackles returns to 'The Boys' final season, stars in 'Vought Rising' spinoff
Recommendation
McConnell absent from Senate on Thursday as he recovers from fall in Capitol
Harris will carry Biden’s economic record into the election. She hopes to turn it into an asset
Wealthy millennials are rejecting stocks for 'alternative' investments. What are they?
Video shows escape through flames and smoke as wildfire begins burning the outskirts of Idaho town
Don't let hackers fool you with a 'scam
Inmate found dead at Mississippi prison
'Bridgerton' star visits 'Doctor Who' Christmas special; new spinoff coming
Taco Bell is celebrating Baja Blast's 20th anniversary with freebies and Stanley Cups