Current:Home > reviewsThe Bachelorette’s Devin Strader Breaks Silence on Past Legal Troubles -Blueprint Money Mastery
The Bachelorette’s Devin Strader Breaks Silence on Past Legal Troubles
NovaQuant Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 13:12:19
Devin Strader is speaking out after sordid allegations emerged from his past.
The Bachelorette alum, who recently ended his engagement to season 21 lead Jenn Tran, broke his silence on his reported 2017 arrest and restraining order from an unnamed ex-girlfriend.
"There have been many stories and misrepresentations put out in the media that I want to take a moment to address," his Sept. 19 Instagram Story statement said. "There have been challenges from a low point in my past that have been brought up and severely misconstrued."
Devin claimed, "The accusations are simply not true."
Per legal documents obtained by Entertainment Weekly Sept. 17, Devin was arrested for allegedly burglarizing an ex-girlfriend's Louisiana home in 2017. The outlet, citing an arrest warrant affidavit from Baton Rouge Police Department, noted that Devin’s ex told police at the time that she’d come home from being out of town to discover she’d been robbed, with a diamond necklace—gifted to her by Devin during their relationship—going missing.
According to EW, citing minutes from the East Baton Rouge Parish court, Devin’s ex dismissed the protective order, without prejudice, and "both parties agreed to a Title 3601 stay away order."
In Devin’s Sept. 19 post, he addressed accusations about his past behavior.
"I have never inappropriately laid hands on another individual or treated my ex-girlfriend in any of the ways I have been depicted," he continued. "That restraining order was never granted, and fully dismissed."
The 28-year-old went on to say that he and his "college ex-girlfriend" would up "reconciling" before they "eventually ended" their relationship "on good terms." He added that he "learned a lot" from the relationship, calling it a "growing experience for both" of them.
As for how the allegations against Devin weren’t flagged as part of The Bachelorette's background check process? A production source told E! News that the restraining order against him hadn't previously been uncovered.
"We take the safety of our contestants very seriously and make every effort to conduct thorough diligence," the source shared Sept. 17. "As exhaustive as our vetting process is, this protective order did not surface in our searches."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (7)
Related
- 2 killed, 3 injured in shooting at makeshift club in Houston
- Love Island USA's Nicole Jacky Says Things Have Not Been Easy in Cryptic Social Media Return
- Vermont suffered millions in damage from this week’s flooding and will ask for federal help
- That's not my cat... but, maybe I want it to be? Inside the cat distribution system
- Could your smelly farts help science?
- Noah Lyles gets second in a surprising 100m opening heat at Olympics
- At Paris Games, athletes can't stop talking about food at Olympic Village
- Caeleb Dressel isn't the same swimmer he was in Tokyo but has embraced a new perspective
- Spooky or not? Some Choa Chu Kang residents say community garden resembles cemetery
- Sha’Carri Richardson overcomes sluggish start to make 100-meter final at Paris Olympics
Ranking
- FACT FOCUS: Inspector general’s Jan. 6 report misrepresented as proof of FBI setup
- As recruiting rebounds, the Army will expand basic training to rebuild the force for modern warfare
- Parties in lawsuits seeking damages for Maui fires reach $4B global settlement, court filings say
- When does Simone Biles compete next? Olympics beam finals on tap
- 'We're reborn!' Gazans express joy at returning home to north
- Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov live updates: How to watch, predictions, analysis
- Monday through Friday, business casual reigns in US offices. Here's how to make it work.
- Parties in lawsuits seeking damages for Maui fires reach $4B global settlement, court filings say
Recommendation
'Survivor' 47 finale, part one recap: 2 players were sent home. Who's left in the game?
Love Island USA's Nicole Jacky Says Things Have Not Been Easy in Cryptic Social Media Return
Parties in lawsuits seeking damages for Maui fires reach $4B global settlement, court filings say
In a win for Mexico, US will expand areas for migrants to apply online for entry at southern border
'No Good Deed': Who's the killer in the Netflix comedy? And will there be a Season 2?
How Team USA's Daniela Moroz can put a bow on her parents' American dream
Justin Timberlake pleads not guilty to DWI after arrest, license suspended: Reports
Judge rejects replacing counsel for man charged with shooting 3 Palestinian college students