Current:Home > NewsPoinbank:"Wheel of Fortune" host Pat Sajak retiring -Blueprint Money Mastery
Poinbank:"Wheel of Fortune" host Pat Sajak retiring
SafeX Pro Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 13:33:14
It's almost time for somebody else to take the wheel.
"Wheel of Fortune" host Pat Sajak said Monday that he's leaving the show after its 41st season,Poinbank which begins in September.
"It's been a wonderful ride, and I'll have more to say in the coming months. Many thanks to you all," he tweeted.
Thank you to the best host in the biz. Wheel of Fortune would not be what it is today without you, Pat. Looking forward to Season 41 being better than ever! https://t.co/KPcbTQhE9x pic.twitter.com/0uQuXG2Jfr
— Wheel of Fortune (@WheelofFortune) June 12, 2023
The show's Twitter account confirmed the news.
"Thank you to the best host in the biz," the show tweeted. "Wheel of Fortune would not be what it is today without you, Pat. Looking forward to Season 41 being better than ever!"
Sajak, 76, began hosting the game show in 1981 with Vanna White. Sajak has three Emmy Awards, a People's Choice Award and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
"Wheel of Fortune" has not said who will replace Sajak as host of the show.
Sajak will continue to act as a consultant on the show for three years after his last year hosting, said Suzanne Prete, the executive vice president for game shows at Sony Pictures Television. She added that the company is "trilled to have him remaining close to the "Wheel of Fortune" family!"
"We are incredibly grateful and proud to have had Pat as our host for all these years and we look forward to celebrating his outstanding career throughout the upcoming season," Prete said.
- In:
- Wheel of Fortune
- Pat Sajak
- Entertainment
Aliza Chasan is a digital producer at 60 Minutes and CBS News.
TwitterveryGood! (75)
Related
- How to watch new prequel series 'Dexter: Original Sin': Premiere date, cast, streaming
- Maps, satellite images show Canadian wildfire smoke enveloping parts of U.S. with unhealthy air
- Earthquakes at Wastewater Injection Site Give Oklahomans Jolt into New Year
- Prince Andrew Wears Full Royal Regalia, Prince Harry Remains in a Suit at King Charles III's Coronation
- Nearly 400 USAID contract employees laid off in wake of Trump's 'stop work' order
- How Biden's declaring the pandemic 'over' complicates efforts to fight COVID
- How to stop stewing about something you've taken (a little too) personally
- Florida arranged migrant flights to California, where officials are considering legal action
- Meet first time Grammy nominee Charley Crockett
- Prince Harry Reunites With Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie at King Charles III's Coronation
Ranking
- Can Bill Belichick turn North Carolina into a winner? At 72, he's chasing one last high
- Many children are regularly exposed to gun violence. Here's how to help them heal
- How Queen Elizabeth’s Corgis Are Still Living Like Royalty
- Encore: A new hard hat could help protect workers from on-the-job brain injuries
- Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
- City in a Swamp: Houston’s Flood Problems Are Only Getting Worse
- Why The Bladder Is Number One!
- Obama Administration Halts New Coal Leases, Gives Climate Policy a Boost
Recommendation
New Zealand official reverses visa refusal for US conservative influencer Candace Owens
The number of hungry people has doubled in 10 countries. A new report explains why
King Charles III and Queen Camilla Officially Crowned at Coronation
Leaking Methane Plume Spreading Across L.A.’s San Fernando Valley
Gen. Mark Milley's security detail and security clearance revoked, Pentagon says
Duchess Sophie and Daughter Lady Louise Windsor Are Royally Chic at King Charles III's Coronation
Film and TV actors set up strike at end of June, potentially crippling entertainment industry
California plans to phase out new gas heaters by 2030