Current:Home > InvestTradeEdge Exchange:Wendy Williams breaks silence on Diddy: 'It's just so horrible' -Blueprint Money Mastery
TradeEdge Exchange:Wendy Williams breaks silence on Diddy: 'It's just so horrible'
TradeEdge View
Date:2025-04-07 00:21:38
Wendy Williams is TradeEdge Exchangeopening up about Sean "Diddy" Combs after she says she "called" his alleged bad behavior.
The legendary talk show host, who has been largely out of the spotlight amid ongoing health issues, including a frontotemporal dementia and aphasia diagnosis, told the Daily Mail that it's "about time" the music mogul was investigated.
"What is really weird is that I have been told by so many people, 'Wendy, you called it,'" she said in the interview, published Tuesday. "Including some people from my family who have said the same."
USA TODAY has reached out to Williams' rep for comment.
The former radio host and embattled Bad Boy Records founder have reportedly not seen eye-to-eye for decades. Charlamagne Tha God, who served as her radio show's co-host in the 2000s, has claimed Williams, 60, has previously had a contentious relationship with Combs, 54, as far back as during her time hosting her gossip and celebrity news show in the 1990s and early 2000s.
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Now, she says, justice is finally starting to be served: "It is about time," she told the outlet.
Read more about celebrities: Sign up for USA TODAY's Everyone's Talking newsletter.
"To see this video on TV of (Cassie) getting pummeled … it was just horrific," she added, referring to the 2016 hotel surveillance video of Combs assaulting ex-girlfriend Cassie Ventura. "But now you have to think, how many more times? How many people? How many more women? It's just so horrible."
For her own part, Williams said she was "doing good." The host and actress was spotted out and about in August, the first time since her private legal and medical issues became public earlier this year.
Wendy Williamsreceived small sum for 'stomach-turning' Lifetime doc, lawsuit alleges
In September, the former talk show host's guardian, Sabrina Morrissey, filed an amended complaint in New York as part of a lawsuit against A+E Networks over the Lifetime documentary "Where is Wendy Williams?" Morrissey alleged Williams was not capable of consenting to be filmed for the documentary.
Combs, who was arrested on Sept. 16 and arraigned on sex trafficking, racketeering and transportation to engage in prostitution charges the following day, has been incarcerated in the Special Housing Unit at Brooklyn's Metropolitan Detention Center. He's maintained his innocence amid an avalanche of civil lawsuits over the past year and pleaded not guilty to all charges.
Combs has lost two bids to be released on bail and is appealing once again for his release on a $50 million bond.
Combs may be facing new allegations from 120 male and female accusers who plan to file civil lawsuits against the media mogul, according to Texas-based lawyer Tony Buzbee.
Sean 'Diddy' Combsfaces 120 more sexual abuse claims, including 25 victims who were minors
His clients, some of whom were minors when the alleged abuse took place, accuse Combs of "violent sexual assault or rape," "facilitated sex with a controlled substance," "dissemination of video recordings" and "sexual abuse of minors," Buzbee said during a Tuesday press conference.
Contributing: KiMi Robinson, Brendan Morrow
veryGood! (1513)
Related
- The FBI should have done more to collect intelligence before the Capitol riot, watchdog finds
- Florida father arrested 2 years after infant daughter found with baby wipe in throat
- It’s joy mixed with sorrow as Ukrainian children go back to school in the midst of war
- Pope makes first visit to Mongolia as Vatican relations with Russia and China are again strained
- Skins Game to make return to Thanksgiving week with a modern look
- It’s joy mixed with sorrow as Ukrainian children go back to school in the midst of war
- Texas guardsman suspended after wounding man in cross-border shooting, Mexico says
- How Freddie Prinze Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar Managed to Pull Off the Impossible With Their Romance
- DoorDash steps up driver ID checks after traffic safety complaints
- Send off Summer With Major Labor Day Deals on Apple, Dyson, Tarte, KitchenAid, and More Top Brands
Ranking
- Average rate on 30
- Summer House's Lindsay Hubbard & Carl Radke Call Off Engagement 2.5 Months Before Wedding
- Julie Ertz, a two-time World Cup champion, announces retirement from professional soccer
- Remote work is harder to come by as companies push for return to office
- 'No Good Deed': Who's the killer in the Netflix comedy? And will there be a Season 2?
- Judge blocks Arkansas law requiring parental OK for minors to create social media accounts
- Most states have yet to permanently fund 988 Lifeline despite early successes
- US regulators might change how they classify marijuana. Here’s what that would mean
Recommendation
Hackers hit Rhode Island benefits system in major cyberattack. Personal data could be released soon
Los Angeles Rams WR Cooper Kupp has setback in hamstring injury recovery
Trump enters not guilty plea in Fulton County, won't appear for arraignment
Two and a Half Men's Angus T. Jones Spotted on Rare Outing—With His Flip Phone
House passes bill to add 66 new federal judgeships, but prospects murky after Biden veto threat
One dead, at least two injured in stabbings at jail in Atlanta that is under federal investigation
Three found dead at remote Rocky Mountain campsite were trying to escape society, stepsister says
10 must-see movies of fall, from 'Killers of the Flower Moon' to 'Saw X' and 'Priscilla'